Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program
Empowering Future Leaders: Your Path to ADB-JSP Scholarships
Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program Overview
International students can apply for the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Programme. This award is available for graduate-level study. Each year, about 300 scholarships are given out. The complete cost of tuition, a monthly stipend for living expenses, accommodation, books and supplies for the classroom, health insurance, and travel expenses are all covered by this scholarship.
The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program covers the full cost of tuition, housing expenses, a monthly stipend, books and supplies, travel costs, and medical insurance for the recipient. Scholars are expected to aid in the social and economic advancement of their native nations after completing their study programmes.
- Level of Study: Masters / Ph.D.
- Institution(s): Participating academic institutions
- Study in: Hong Kong, China, Japan, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and USA
- Courses Offered: A wide array of fields, including Economics, Business and Management, Law and Public Policy, Natural Resource Management, Science and Technology, and other development-related disciplines.
- Number of Scholarships: Approximately 300 scholarships awarded annually.
- Deadline: Check specific deadlines.
The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program offers a comprehensive package of benefits, including:
- Full tuition fees
- Housing allowance
- Monthly stipend
- Allowance for books and instructional materials
- Travel expenses
- Medical insurance
Eligibility Criteria for Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program
To qualify for the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program, applicants must meet these criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of ADB’s borrowing member countries (applicants from countries no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible).
Applicants must also have:
- Nationality from an ADB borrowing member country.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent with an excellent academic record.
- Admission to an approved MA/Ph.D. course at an academic institution.
- At least two years of full-time professional working experience (post-bachelor’s degree).
- Proficiency in oral and written English for successful studies.
- Good health.
- Age not exceeding 35 years (or 45 for certain senior programs).
- A commitment to return to their home country after completing their studies.
- Exemption for staff of academic institutions, ADB personnel, consultants, and their relatives.
- Ineligibility for applicants living or working in a country other than their home country.
- Non-support for undergraduate studies, distance learning, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
- Non-support for applicants already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
How to Apply for Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program
Follow these application instructions to apply for the scholarship:
- Complete the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program Information Sheet.
- Provide a Certificate of Employment issued by your employer.
- Submit academic documents, including transcripts and degree certificates.
- Include a Certificate of Income issued by your employer.
- Attach a copy of your Passport.
- Submit a Certificate of Family Income issued by your employer, reflecting either your parents’ or spouse’s annual/monthly income.
- Present a valid IELTS test score.
Refer to the [application procedure] for further details.
Ensure you send scholarship applications at least six months before your intended study start date. Refer to the intake months and application deadlines specified by participating academic institutions.
Secure your academic future today!
For More Scholarships in USA:Scholarships in USA
For Scholarships in Canada:Scholarships in Canada