Hubert Humphrey Fellowships
Empowering Global Leaders Through the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program
Hubert Humphrey Fellowships for International Students Overview:
International students can apply for Hubert Humphrey Fellowships, which are fully supported fellowships for non-degree programmes. Full tuition, typical housing and board, textbooks, a one-time grant for the purchase of a computer, and a grant for professional development are all covered by this scholarship.
Professionals who are interested in improving their management skills via a mutual exchange of knowledge and understanding about issues that are frequently of concern in both their home countries and the United States are eligible for the Humphrey Fellowship Programme.
The Humphrey Programme accepts young and mid-career professionals from specific nations for a year of non-degree graduate research, leadership development, and professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts.
Hubert Humphrey Fellowships Application Deadline:
Annually before October 1st
Level of Study:
Institution(s):Participating USA Universities
Selected Fellows are placed at various esteemed universities across the United States, and their placements are determined based on their professional fields and areas of interest. Fellows do not have the choice to select their host university but are grouped into diverse cohorts of 7-15 individuals.
Scholarship Benefits: The Hubert Humphrey Fellowship covers:
- Tuition and fees at the designated host university.
- Pre-academic English language training if required.
- A living allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance.
- Accident and sickness coverage.
- A book allowance.
- A one-time computer subsidy.
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the program and domestic travel to mandatory program events).
- A Professional Development allowance for activities such as field trips, professional visits, and conferences.
Hubert Humphrey Fellowships Academic Focus: As a non-degree program, the Humphrey Fellowship provides a platform for significant professional development. This includes access to carefully chosen university courses, participation in conferences, networking opportunities, and hands-on work experiences. The program embraces a wide range of eligible fields:
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development
- Educational Administration, Planning, and Policy
- Finance and Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment, and Prevention
- Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
- Technology Policy and Management
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Urban and Regional Planning
Eligible Applicants for Hubert Humphrey Fellowships:
Citizens from eligible countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe and Eurasia, Middle East and North Africa, East Asia and Pacific, South and Central Asia, and Western Hemisphere.
Hubert Humphrey Fellowships Eligibility Criteria: Applicants should have:
- An undergraduate (first university) degree.
- At least five years of full-time professional experience.
- Limited or no prior experience in the United States.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- A history of public service in their community.
- Proficiency in English.
For specific program requirements, please contact the U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Section, or Fulbright Commission in your country of residence (link provided below).
Application Process for Hubert Humphrey Fellowships:
Step 1: Research the Program Visit the official Humphrey Fellowship website at http://humphreyfellowship.org/ to gather detailed information about the program, eligible fields of study, and other important details. You can also explore related scholarships if needed.
Step 2: Check Application Deadlines Application deadlines vary by country but generally fall between May and September each year. To find out the exact deadline for your country, contact the Nominating U.S. Embassy or Binational Fulbright Commission. They will provide information on their internal deadlines.
Step 3: Contact the Nominating Organization Reach out to the Nominating U.S. Embassy or Binational Fulbright Commission in your country of residence. They will guide you through the application process and provide you with the necessary forms and instructions.
Step 4: Prepare Required Documents Gather all the required application documents. These typically include:
- Completed application forms provided by the Nominating Organization.
- Proof of your undergraduate degree.
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV).
- Letters of recommendation (usually three).
- Statement of purpose or research proposal.
- English language proficiency test scores (if applicable).
- Any additional documents required by the Nominating Organization.
Step 5: Complete the Application Forms for Hubert Humphrey Fellowships Fill out the application forms accurately and completely. Be sure to follow the provided instructions carefully, as requirements may vary by country.
Step 6: Submit Your Application Submit your completed application forms and all required documents to the Nominating U.S. Embassy or Binational Fulbright Commission by the specified deadline. Ensure that your application is complete and that you have included all necessary materials.
Step 7: Await Nomination After you have submitted your application, the Nominating Organization will review it and, if you meet their criteria, they will nominate you for the Humphrey Fellowship. They will also inform you of their internal deadline for this process.
Step 8: Institute of International Education (IIE) Submission Once nominated by the Nominating Organization, your application will be forwarded to the Institute of International Education (IIE) office in Washington, DC. This office handles the final selection process. Nominations must be submitted to IIE by October 1st.
Step 9: Await Selection Results The IIE will review all nominated applications and select the final recipients of the Humphrey Fellowship. If you are selected, you will be notified by the IIE.
For More Information: Visit the official scholarship website for comprehensive details and access to FAQs. Official Scholarship Website
To Apply: Hubert Humphrey Fellowships
For More Scholarships in USA:Scholarships in USA
For Scholarships in Canada: Scholarships in Canada