Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships
Empower Your Future with VUB Master's Scholarships in Photonics
Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships Overview
International students are eligible to apply for Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships for the European Master of Science in Photonics. A number of full scholarships worth 10,000 euros each will be awarded by the Vrije Universiteit Brussel to help students with the additional costs of living in Brussels.
Globally oriented Vrije Universiteit Brussel is a university in Brussels, the heart of Europe. Through specialised, high-quality studies and education, VUB hopes to actively contribute to building a stronger culture for the future.
All applicants who intend to register at Vrije Universiteit Brussel will have the possibility to demonstrate their technical knowledge during the entry review prior to final admission. Each grant application will be evaluated on the basis of competence and encouragement after our programme has been approved.
Additionally, TheB-PHOT, the Brussels Photonics Research Group at VUB, provides talented academics with competitive scholarships. The research group in photonics at VUB may award all students enrolled in the MSc.
A B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship without separate implementation operation. B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship recipients are required to complete an MSc. VUB thesis.
Students who graduate with honours, demonstrate success in their areas of knowledge and application, and pursue a PhD at VUB B-PHOT will be encouraged to do so. The brand-new VUB B-PHOT Excellence Scholarships are now available to all new international students.
Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships Summary
- Study Level: Master’s Degree
- Institution: Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
- Application Deadline: September 1
- Scholarships are offered for programs in the fields of Bridging Physics, Engineering, and Photonics.
- Eligible applicants hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, (Applied) Physics, Materials Sciences, or equivalent.
- Final-year students in these programs may also apply.
- Candidates with degrees in other engineering fields can join through a personalized preparatory program.
- Belgian Bachelor’s in IR Architecture, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Industrial Science – Electronics/ICT, Engineering Science, or KMS Polytechnical Department can apply for a preparatory program of 30 ECTS leading to the Master of Science in Fotonica or the European MSc. in Photonics.
Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships Coverage
VUB Scholarships for European Master of Science in Photonics
- VUB offers several full scholarships worth 10,000 EUR per year to European Master of Science in Photonics students.
- This scholarship helps cover the cost of living while studying in Brussels.
- Selection is based on excellence and motivation.
B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship Scheme
- Three Entry Scholarships of 1,000 Euro each are awarded at the beginning of the first semester of the MSc. These go to the top 3 ranked students according to selection criteria.
- Three Continuation Scholarships of 1,500 Euro each are given at the start of the second semester of the first year. These are awarded based on academic performance after the first semester, including students who didn’t receive the Entry Scholarship.
- One Excellence Scholarship worth 5,000 Euro is awarded at the start of the second year of the MSc.
Eligibility Criteria for Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships
To be eligible for theVrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Eligible Countries: Open to all countries worldwide.
- Language Requirements: English proficiency is required. Applicants must provide one of the following:
- TOEFL-TEST score of at least 570 (paper-based) or 87 (internet-based) taken within the last two years.
- IELTS score with a minimum overall band score of 6.0, issued within the last two years.
- Cambridge-ESOL: First Certificate in English (FCE).
- Holders of a diploma of secondary or higher education from a recognized institution in the Flemish Community are exempt from submitting a language proficiency proof.
- Language test exemption is also granted to those who have successfully completed a minimum of 1 year (60 credits) of secondary or higher education in English as the medium of instruction (official certificate required).
- Note: If English proficiency proof or APS certificate is not ready before the deadline, you can submit it later instead of missing the deadline.
Application Process for Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships
Follow these steps to apply for the VUB Scholarship:
- Applications are accepted exclusively through the online application form, so apply as soon as possible.
- Attach the following documents:
- Clear copy of ID
- Motivation letter
- 2 recommendation letters
- Official bachelor’s degree or certificate of graduation
- Complete and official transcript of records for the BSc
- Official master’s degree or certificate of graduation
- Complete and official transcript of records for the MSc
- Official language certificate
- Complete overview of bachelor courses content description
Don’t miss this opportunity to pursue your Master’s degree in Photonics with generous scholarships from Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
Apply now to shape your future in one of Europe’s most dynamic academic environments!
To Apply: Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships
For More Scholarships in UK:Scholarships in UK
For Scholarships in Australia:Scholarships in Australia