Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) for Exchange Students
Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) Overview
Go to South Korea to continue your studies. happy news For exchange students, the Global Korea Scholarship is now available. We will go into great detail regarding the GKS Scholarship in this article, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
The Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) is an exchange student scholarship that is entirely sponsored. For the 2024–2025 academic year, this grant is available for master’s and undergraduate study. The scholarship includes travel, medical insurance, a settlement money, and living expenses.
Students get a one-of-a-kind chance to experience academic life at Seoul National University, the most prominent university in Korea and one of the top universities in the world, thanks to SNU ISI.
Students can acquire in-depth information about Korea and East Asia as well as a variety of topics from the fields of economics and business management to history, politics, sociology, and the arts in SNU ISIs, which are taught by esteemed SNU and visiting faculty members.
More than 2000 students from all over the world have taken part in the SNU ISI program since its founding in 2007 to learn, explore, and enjoy an extraordinary summer of academics, activities, and lifelong connections.
The goal is to increase the worldwide competitiveness of Korean institutions and to give exchange students relevant experiences related to Korean culture and education.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters
- Institution(s): SNUs partner universities
- Study Location: South Korea
- Program Period: 4 months or 10 months (depends on student’s exchange period)
- Deadline: Annually in September and February
Please note that the list of courses is extensive and covers various fields of study at the partner universities.
- College of Humanities
- College of Social Sciences
- College of Natural Sciences
- College of Agriculture & Life Sciences
- College of Business Administration (Restrictions apply)
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Liberal Studies
- College of Human Ecology
- College of Music
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- Interdisciplinary Programs for Undergraduates
Restrictions and Special Requirements
- Some colleges have restrictions or additional requirements. For example:
- College of Business Administration is restricted to students majoring in business or economics at their home university.
- Korean History, Psychology, and Statistics majors must provide proof of Korean language ability.
- College of Law is not open to undergraduate students from Spring 2018.
- School of Law, a specialized law school for graduate-level students, will be open to undergraduate students from Fall 2018.
- Applicants for Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, Nursing, Music, and MBA must check eligibility with SNU coordinators.
- College of Medicine is no longer available to exchange students.
- College of Dentistry is open ONLY to master’s level students currently enrolled in a master’s program at their home university.
- Vocal Music major is restricted to students currently studying vocal music at their home university.
The GKS Scholarship provides recipients with the following benefits:
- Living Expenses: 500,000 won per month
- Settlement allowance: 200,000 won upon arrival
- Round-trip Airfare: Reimbursement available within the set amount
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 won per month (paid by each university)
Eligibility Criteria for GKS
To qualify for the Global Korea Scholarship, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All countries
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in at least the second semester of the home university program.
- Undergraduate: GPA 2.5/4.0 (equivalent to 2.7/4.3) or percentile rank 83
- Masters: GPA 3.0/4.0 (equivalent to 3.3/4.3) or percentile rank 89
How to Apply for Global Korea Scholarship
Follow these application instructions to apply for the Global Korea Scholarship:
- Applicants must be nominated by their universities, and the application package should be sent by the university by email, along with a formal nomination letter for the GKS scholarship.
- The nominated students will receive detailed information on how to log in and apply online by the designated SNU coordinator.
- Apply to the exchange program through the Online Application Form, fill in the application, and upload scanned copies of the required documents.
- Submit the application.
Note: All documents should be submitted and posted in ORIGINAL or verified as an official copy and should be in Korean or in English. If your documents are not in Korean or in English, please have them translated and confirmed by an authorized body.
Don’t miss the opportunity to apply for the Global Korea Scholarship and study in South Korea. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for a step-by-step application process.
For More Scholarships in UK:
For Scholarships in Australia: