This scholarship is offered to international applicants for BU postgraduate degrees beginning in September 2013 and January 2014. You will be eligible to apply for a BU International Postgraduate Scholarship if you can demonstrate an outstanding academic profile relevant to your course. An outstanding academic profile is one which is considered to be equivalent to a UK 1st class Honours degree as assessed by NARIC.
Who is eligible to apply for this scholarship?
All applicants classified as ‘overseas’ for fee purposes are eligible to apply.
To which courses does this scholarship apply?
Applicants for all taught full-time postgraduate (Masters) courses in the following Schools may apply:
- School of Applied Sciences
- The Business School
- School of Design, Engineering & Computing
- School of Health & Social Care
- School of Tourism
- The Media School
How many scholarships are awarded annually?
- School of Applied Sciences – 10 scholarships
- The Business School – 45 scholarships
- School of Design, Engineering & Computing – 10 scholarships
- School of Health & Social Care – 5 scholarships
- School of Tourism – 10 scholarships (for both overseas and EU applicants)
- The Media School – 15 scholarships.
- How much is the scholarship worth?
The value of each scholarship will depend on the course as follows:
- School of Applied Sciences – (£2,000)
- The Business School – (£2,000)
- School of Design, Engineering & Computing – (£2,000)
- School of Health & Social Care – (£3,000)
- School of Tourism – (£2,000)
- The Media School – (£2,000).
How is this scholarship paid?
Scholarships are paid by a reduction in tuition fee.
What are the criteria for this scholarship?
- You must be able to demonstrate an exceptional academic profile (equivalent to UK 1st Class Honours degree as assessed by NARIC)
- You must be able to demonstrate an outstanding personal profile as evidenced in your personal statement.
Other information about this scholarship
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot be in receipt of any other BU scholarship
- Financial need will not be taken into consideration.
How do I apply?
You can download the BU Scholarship Application Form here:
- BU Scholarship Application Form (PDF – 123kb)
The deadline for applications is 31 May 2013 for entry in September 2013 and 1 November 2013 for entry in January 2014. You can apply at the same time or after you have submitted your course application form.
When will I hear if I have been successful?
The successful applicants will be notified by 30 June 2013 for September entry and 30 November for January entry.
Completed application forms should be returned to:
askBU Students Service
Forms can also be scanned and emailed to: [email protected]