Konrad Adenauer Foundation in Cambodia offers interested students the opportunity to get to know the international work of the Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation on-site during an internship and to work on our projects. You should have an understanding of and interest in political contexts. Special knowledge of Cambodian politics, society, and economy is an advantage. Interns should have a strong interest in living in a foreign country and working in a multicultural environment. Due to the work in a small team, interns should be team-oriented and highly committed, which includes, for example, participation in evening and weekend events of KAS and its partner organizations.
During your internship, you will gain exciting insights into the work of an international political organization in the field of development cooperation. We highly value independent engagement in a committed and young and international team.
- In Cambodia, KAS works on a variety of topics ranging from international relations, environmental protection and rule of law to media promotion.
- Learn more about the planning and implementation of projects in development cooperation
- Gain exciting insights into the preparation and organization of events
- Help us with background research and analysis on current issues and learn to write your own reports on interesting topics
- Support us in press relations in a dynamic media environment
- Learn more about working with social media
Of course, KAS will gladly provide you with an internship certificate. Internships with us are compensated with an expense allowance of 300 USD per month.
- Ideally, your field of study fits our main areas of work in Cambodia
- Our working language in the office is English. You should be able to speak it on a conversational level. German and/or Khmer skills are a plus
- You should already be advanced in your studies (at least 2nd semester of undergraduate studies)
- You have good knowledge of common office applications and can work with computers
- You have a pronounced willingness to learn and are also willing to engage in topics that are new to you
- Previous work experience is a plus, but not an exclusion criterion
- Applicants should have Khmer or German citizenship
- With our internship program, you will be with us for at least three months, possibly longer.
Applications are accepted throughout the whole year.
Please send your application (letter of motivation, CV, relevant references) as a .pdf file to Maurizio Paciello.