OHL North America (OHL NA) merges global expertise and a 100+ year legacy with the latest innovations and a strong regional footprint to deliver North America’s most complex and challenging infrastructure and vertical construction projects. The company has more than 2,000 engineering and construction professionals from coast to coast and specializes in heavy civil construction and modernization of critical infrastructure projects, including highways, bridges, rail and mass transit systems, tunnels, and water resources. Through its vertical construction affiliate, OHL provides construction management and pre-construction services to build and renovate healthcare, educational, and assisted living facilities in addition to many other important cultural, institutional, and commercial spaces.
OHL NA is the North American division of international construction company, Obrascón Huarte Lain, S.A. (OHL Group), headquartered in Madrid, Spain. The company’s U.S. operations are headquartered in New York City with regional office locations in California, Texas, Florida, and Illinois. In 2020, OHL NA won $1.3 billion in new contract awards and was ranked #15 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Contractors.
Extraordinary construction projects demand exceptional talent. OHL NA brings together the construction industry’s best and brightest who thrive in a collaborative work environment and who relish challenge and opportunity. We are currently seeking interns for our 2022 Summer Internship Program.
• Works closely with Project Managers, Superintendents, Foreman and Crews on Project Deliverables.
• Process/manage material deliveries – ensure that materials received are properly inspected for quantity and quality and are in compliance with contract documents.
• Manage and negotiate subcontractor and material contracts.
• Assist in developing and updating the project schedule.
• Coordinate and schedule shop drawings and submittals.
• Maintain a complete and current record of submittals, approvals and resubmittals, including a file of letters of transmittal and dates of each transaction.
• High level of involvement in the operations of our cost control system and analysis of construction costs.
• Participate in monthly forecasting revenue and cost accruals.
• Accumulate all necessary data and prepare monthly pay estimates.
• Process and estimate change orders and requests for information as directed by the Project Manager.
• Follows OHL North America policies and procedures, including safety policies. Qualifications
• Pursuing degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong work ethic – willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
• to function as a team builder/player.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will require ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments. Employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud noise.
OHLA USA and its affiliates are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.