BSG offers various start dates each year – in May & June or September & October. We offer a 12 or 6-month program. For the full-year program, you can stay at one location and do a deeper level of experience or do a “split program” where you gain two different experiences, spending 6-8 months in beautiful Florida while spending the remaining 4-6 months up north in states including New York, New Jersey and more! The split program offers greater diversity in both cultural and professional experiences.
- Number of positions: 10
- Starting at $ 12 USD per hour
- All internship positions are paid to start at $12 per hour, with overtime rates for any hours worked over 40 per week, but your exact rate may vary based on experience. You will be informed of your specific pay after interviewing with your potential Club employer. For students working a full-year term, total compensation is usually between approximately $18,000-24,000. BSG does not charge students any fee to apply for positions with its partner clubs but does offer invaluable support throughout the process. BSG offers advice on your CV and coaching prior to setting you up for an interview with one of our partner clubs. Once an internship is secured, we assist with the Visa process and offer pre-arrival advice and orientation. After you arrive in the USA, BSG provides continued support and also coordinates a slate of American cultural experiences and positive volunteering opportunities. Students are responsible for the cost of their Visa, flight, and housing. BSG has arranged for your employer to subsidize the Visa cost so students only pay $1,275. Students will work on a J1 Visa which BSG assists students in securing. Housing is often secured by the host Club so you do not have to coordinate it yourself. Students usually share housing with other interns and have the fee deducted from their paycheck.
1. Fluency in English (verbal and written)
2. Six months full-time, or 12 months of part-time hospitality experience
3. Current university student or have graduated within the last 6 months
4. Studying Hospitality, F&B, Culinary, or Hotel Management.
5. Excellent communication skills.
6. Flexibility in dealing with co-workers.
7. Readiness to leave home far behind for a year.
8. Language required: English.