World Food Programme Seeks Passionate Multimedia Design Intern in Johannesburg (US$1000/Month)
Are you passionate about multimedia design? The World Food Programme in Johannesburg is hiring for a Multimedia Design Intern with a monthly stipend of US$1000.
About WFP (World Food Programme):
WFP is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to saving lives and transforming communities. Focused on delivering food assistance in emergencies, WFP collaborates with communities to enhance nutrition and build resilience. With a mission to address global hunger, WFP plays a pivotal role in providing vital support during crises and working towards sustainable development.
The African Risk Capacity (ARC) stands as a specialized agency within the African Union, designed to assist African governments in enhancing their capabilities to tackle extreme weather events and natural disasters. Its primary objective is to improve planning, preparation, and response mechanisms for such crises. ARC employs contemporary financial methods, including risk pooling and transfer, to empower countries in managing and mitigating the impacts of disasters effectively.
Focus on Financial Strategies:
By utilizing risk pooling and transfer, ARC aims to strengthen disaster risk management systems. These financial strategies enable countries to access rapid and predictable funding during emergencies. The agency plays a crucial role in addressing the escalating risks associated with natural disasters, particularly those exacerbated by climate change. ARC combines an insurance pool, an early warning system, and contingency planning, providing African nations with the essential tools needed for swift and effective responses to the challenges posed by natural disasters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Graphic Design & Desktop Publishing:
- Design and layout of reports, policy briefs, and brochures.
- Creation of visually compelling infographics.
- Maintenance and enforcement of brand guidelines across all materials.
- Digital Communication:
- Development of content for digital platforms, including websites and social media.
- Active engagement with the online community, responding to comments and messages promptly.
- Monitoring digital trends and proposing innovative ideas for increased engagement.
- Assistance in managing online content, updating website information, and posting timely content on social media platforms.
- Video Production:
- Planning, shooting, and editing video content to convey the group’s impact and mission.
- Coordination with team members for scripting and storyboarding.
- Managing post-production processes, including editing, adding music, and ensuring consistent branding.
- Administrative & Support Functions:
- Participation in content planning and strategy sessions.
- Assistance in managing the content calendar to ensure deadlines are met.
- Providing administrative support, including preparing presentations and supporting communication campaigns.
- Active contribution to overall content planning and execution strategy for the African Risk Capacity Group.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
To be eligible for the Multimedia Design Internship at the World Food Programme in Johannesburg, candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program (e.g., Bachelor’s in Graphic Design, Multimedia, Communications, or related field) with at least two years completed within the last 12 months. OR
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program (e.g., Masters in Graphic Design, Multimedia, Communications, or related field) with classes attended in the last 12 months. OR
- Recent graduate (within six months prior to applying) from an undergraduate or graduate program in Graphic Design, Multimedia, Communications, or related field, with classes attended in the last 12 months.
- Strong skills in graphic design and desktop publishing, with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Premiere Pro, InDesign, Photoshop) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in video production, including filming and editing, with proficiency in video editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro, Filmora, or Final Cut Pro.
- Experience in managing social media platforms and creating web content.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and visual details.
- Interest in humanitarian work, climate change adaptation, and risk management.
- Fluency in both oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of a second official UN language is considered an asset.
Application Deadline: 16 February 2024