Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
Empowering African Scholars: The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship at the University of Pretoria
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Overview
A fully financed master’s scholarship is available to overseas students through the Mastercard Foundation. The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme (MCFSP) seeks out academically gifted but economically underprivileged young people in Africa who would support the change of the continent via their leadership by sharing their knowledge, attitudes, skills, and values.
Internships and volunteer work in the community are essential elements of the programme. Designated students who have been provisionally enrolled to study for a postgraduate degree at UP are eligible for a full scholarship under the MCFSP.
After finishing their studies, graduates are required to contribute back to their communities in their home nations. Candidates should not already hold a master’s degree or equivalent qualification.
Overview of the Scholarship
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution: University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Various fields (see list below)
- Program Period: Two years
Courses Offered at Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
Faculty of Engineering (for continuing students)
- Industrial Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Food Science and Technology
- Agricultural Economics / Business Management
- Animal Science
- Plant Pathology
- Applied Plant and Soil Sciences
Faculty of Humanities
- Humanities PolSci (Political Studies)
- PolSci (International Studies)
Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Accounting Sciences
- Financial Sciences
- Agribusiness Management
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Coverage
- Fully funded scholarship for African students
- Covers accommodation and meals in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation
- Full tuition fees
- Modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid cover for the study duration
- Textbooks and printed material
- VISA costs
- Leadership development opportunities
- Reasonable travel costs (including flight ticket) to and from your home
- Academic advising and counseling support
Eligibility Criteria for Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: African countries
- Must have been admitted into a degree program at UP, accompanied by academic records and other supporting documents.
- Open to young Africans interested in postgraduate studies.
How to Apply for Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
- Apply online here.
- Ensure you have Internet access and a regularly accessible email address.
- Receive a student number (EMPLID) via email after submitting your online application.
- Alternatively, submit a hard copy of your application form to: University of Pretoria Student Service Centre, Hatfield Pretoria 0028, South Africa
- Postgraduate applicants must have their certificates verified by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Visit www.saqa.org.za for details.
- Download application forms for the MCFSP here.
- Email: [email protected]
- Tel: 012 420 4297
The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship offers a remarkable opportunity for African students to pursue their master’s degree at the University of Pretoria, South Africa. This fully-funded scholarship covers various essential aspects of the academic journey, from tuition fees to accommodation and beyond.
The scholarship’s commitment to supporting the educational aspirations of young Africans is commendable.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and aspire to further your education in a prestigious institution, don’t miss the chance to apply for this transformative scholarship.
For more detailed information and application procedures, please visit the official Mastercard Foundation Scholarship website.
To Apply: Mastercard Foundation Scholarship
For More Scholarships in UK:Scholarships in UK
For Scholarships in Australia:Scholarships in Australia