Government of Ireland Scholarships
Unlock Your Educational Dreams with the Government of Ireland Scholarships
Government of Ireland Scholarships Overview
Are you looking to pursue a Master’s or Doctoral degree in Ireland? The Government of Ireland Scholarships program offers an excellent opportunity for international students.
A government-funded scholarship for international students is the Government of Ireland Scholarship. Only postgraduate studies are eligible for this award.
This scholarship offers an annual salary of €18,500, a contribution towards tuition costs, including those from outside the EU, up to a maximum of €5,750 per year, and eligible direct research expenditures up to a maximum of €3,250 per year.
An established national programme, the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is funded by the Department of Education and Skills and is managed by the Council.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme stands out in the field of Irish studies and adds to existing funding options for postgraduate education in Ireland.
Here’s all you need to know about this prestigious scholarship:
Government of Ireland Scholarships Summary
- Level of Study: Master’s and Doctoral
- Institution(s): Government of Ireland
- Study Location: Ireland
- Deadline: October 20 (Application window opens in September)
- Courses Offered: All disciplines are eligible.
- Program Duration: 1-2 year research master’s, 3-4 year PhD program
Government of Ireland Scholarships Coverage
Recipients of the Government of Ireland Scholarship enjoy the following benefits:
- A stipend of €18,500 per annum.
- A contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum.
- Eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
Government of Ireland Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Master’s and Doctoral Scholarship presented by the Government of Ireland in all disciplines, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Language Requirement: Proficiency in English.
- Eligible Countries: Open to applicants from all countries worldwide.
- Academic Qualifications: Applicants must have a first-class or upper second-class honours bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. If undergraduate examination results are not available at the time of application, provisional offers may be made, contingent on achieving the required academic qualifications. Applicants without the specified bachelor’s degree must hold a master’s degree.
- Application History: Applicants should not have had two prior unsuccessful applications to the scheme, including strategic partner themes.
- New Entrants: Applicants must be new entrants to the degree program for which they are seeking Council funding and should have been formally accepted by the relevant department or school.
- Research Master’s: Those applying for a research master’s scholarship should not currently hold or have previously held a Council Postgraduate Scholarship.
- PhD Degree: Applicants seeking a PhD degree scholarship should not currently hold or have previously held any Council Postgraduate Scholarship, except those enabling them to obtain a research master’s degree.
- Nationality and Residency: Applicants fall into two categories based on nationality and residency. For Category I, applicants must meet both of the following criteria: be a citizen of a member state of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and have been ordinarily resident in an EEA member state or Switzerland for a continuous period of 3 out of the 5 years preceding October 1st.
List of Approved Universities
The Government of Ireland Scholarship is available at numerous universities across Ireland, including but not limited to:
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- College of Computing Technology, Dublin
- Cork Institute of Technology
- Dublin Business School
- Dublin City University
- Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design, and Technology
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Galway Business School
- Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
- Griffith College, Dublin
- ICD Business School, Dublin
- Independent College, Dublin
- Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Institute of Technology, Sligo
- Institute of Technology, Tralee
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Maynooth University
- National College of Art and Design, Dublin
- National College of Ireland, Dublin
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- The National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Technological University for Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
- Waterford Institute of Technology
How to Apply for Government of Ireland Scholarship
Follow these steps to apply for the scholarship:
- Register: Register on the online account here and complete the applicable registration form as prompted.
- Confirmation: After filling in the required details, click ‘submit,’ and you will receive a confirmation email with your username and password.
- Log In: Access the online system here using the provided login details.
- Application: Create and edit your application before the applicant deadline and submit it.
Don’t miss this chance to advance your education and career in Ireland with the support of this prestigious scholarship program. Apply today!
To Apply: Government of Ireland Scholarship
For More Scholarships in UK:Scholarships in UK
For Scholarships in Australia:Scholarships in Australia