International Council of Ophthalmology Fellowship
The ICO Fellowship Experience
ICO Fellowship Overview
International students can apply for the fully funded ICO Fellowship. The recipient of this fellowship will receive a stipend of up to $50,000 USD to help with living expenses and round-trip transportation.
Young ophthalmologists from all around the world who intend to do basic or clinical research at a particular university are eligible for the ICO-Allergan Advanced Research Fellowship.
Enhancing ophthalmic education to improve eye care and contribute to the conservation and restoration of vision globally is one of the key goals and duties of the ICO. The ICO offers educational projects and programmes to strengthen and advance ophthalmic education, particularly in poor countries, in order to uphold this commitment.
ICO Fellowship Overview
- Study Level: Research Fellowship, Postdoctoral
- Institutions: Chosen university (preferably in a foreign country where you reside)
- Study Locations: Worldwide
- Available Course: Ophthalmology
- Program Duration: As per the specific program
- Application Deadlines: March 31 / September 30 (annually)
ICO Fellowship Benefits
The International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship is a prestigious opportunity that provides recipients with a substantial stipend of up to US$50,000. This financial support is designed to assist with living expenses and cover return travel costs.
Eligibility Requirements for ICO Fellowship
To qualify for the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Language Proficiency: Proficiency in English
- Eligible Countries: Open to applicants from all countries worldwide.
- Research Prerequisites:
- A detailed account of prior work in the relevant field of study
- Comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV) including a list of publications and their impact factors
- Endorsement from the current program director
- Confirmation of the feasibility of the chosen host university
- An extensive research plan outlining how the work will continue during the fellowship
- A sustainability statement, indicating the possibility of returning to one’s position after completing the fellowship, supported by the current program director
- Basic Requirements:
- A minimum of 12 months of research training
- Submission of an online application on the ICO website
- Applications accepted in various sub-specialties, including Glaucoma, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Pediatric Ophthalmology, Retina, Tumours, Uveitis, Dry Eye, and Cornea
- Successful completion of a specialist exam in ophthalmology
- Reasonable fluency in the language used at the fellowship training center
- Applicants should be under 40 years of age at the time of application
- ICO exams are recommended and taken into consideration during the application assessment
- Special consideration given to applicants from countries with ophthalmologic societies that are members of the ICO.
Application Procedure for ICO Fellowship
To kickstart your journey toward the ICO Fellowship, follow these straightforward steps:
- Create an ICO Account: If you don’t already have one, you’ll need to register for an ICO account.
- Select Your Fellowship: Identify your country, and the ICO Fellowships you’re eligible for will be displayed.
- Eligibility Check: Provide the necessary information to determine your eligibility for the selected ICO Fellowship.
- ICO Eligibility Review: The ICO will review your information and notify you of your eligibility status. You’ll then be guided to complete the application or informed if you’re ineligible.
- Apply to a Host Training Center: If you meet the eligibility criteria, choose and apply to a host institution. Remember that you can apply to one host at a time.
- Host Application Review: The host institution will evaluate your application. If accepted, you’ll need to confirm the details agreed upon between you and the host. If declined, you’ll have the opportunity to select another host.
- Fellowship Application Submitted: Once your application is complete, it will be reviewed by the relevant ICO Fellowship Committee.
Embark on your ophthalmology research journey with the ICO Fellowship and expand your horizons in this dynamic field!
For More Scholarships in UK:Scholarships in UK
For Scholarships in Australia:Scholarships in Australia