Duration: Approximately 10 weeks
Start Date: January 9, 2023
Hours: Approximately 40 hours per week
Deadline to Apply: November 4, 2022
The Spencer Stuart Internship
Spencer Stuart offers Analyst Interns a fast-paced, intellectually engaging, entrepreneurial environment working with a diverse group of energetic professionals who are former business leaders and management consultants. Interns have a unique opportunity to gain broad exposure to a variety of industries and functions and to learn about the careers of leading executives around the world. Interns also participate in training designed to broaden their skill set and familiarity with executive search.
Upon entry, Interns will be assigned an Advisor, Mentor and Buddy to facilitate a smooth onboarding and provide guidance and support during their internship. Interns will also receive performance feedback formally and informally throughout their experience.
Analyst Interns will work on strategic projects in teams with Associates and Consultants. Responsibilities include:
• Coordinating research and completing analysis on multi-faceted business development projects
• Identifying creative solutions to search assignments and new business issues
• Providing research and analysis support to management and participating in special projects
Analyst Interns will work simultaneously on a variety of projects that vary greatly in size and complexity. Some projects target a narrowly defined business problem, while other projects address much larger strategic needs which may result in the creation of a presentation, report, or intellectual capital piece (i.e. article). At the conclusion of the internship, Analyst Interns will have the opportunity to present their projects and learnings.
• Open to rising seniors only
• Strong academic performance is required (3.3+ GPA). All majors are welcome.
• An interest in business, leadership, and/or human capital.
• Emerging leadership skills demonstrated through broad extracurricular involvement, which may include internships, work experience, community service, athletics, or roles in student-led organizations.
• Advanced research and analysis skills (either through coursework or previous work experience)
• Strong project and time management
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• A self-starter who is naturally curious, team-oriented and tenacious
• Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
• Permanent US work authorization
Spencer Stuart is a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to non-discrimination without regard to an actual or perceived race, ethnicity, creed, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national origin, immigration status, ancestry, age, marital status, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law.