When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced team environment supported by over 16,000 professionals in 500 offices across North America.
You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year-over-year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUB’s entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
This is a full-time, paid, 10-week internship.
Successful completion of the internship would pave the way for you to obtain insurance licensing and secure a full-time position with HUB International.
Our Summer Interns will be introduced to the world of insurance and will actively engage in a variety of tasks/projects within the Sales and Client Service arenas. Interns will learn about the:
• Clients we serve and the vast industries they represent
• Types of insurance we provide with a focus on our Commercial, Personal, or Employee Benefits line of business
• Insurance carriers with whom we partner
• Basic laws/regulations governing our business and how we ensure compliance
• How we set and execute individual client strategies
• The HUB Sales Process (includes prospecting approaches, needs identification, proposals, and stewardship) Qualifications
• Any of the following: High School Diploma or GED, College Graduates, Final Year College Students with an expected graduation date in 2024.
• For college undergraduates/graduates – Preferred areas of study include, but are not limited to, General Business Management, Risk Management & Insurance, Marketing, Communications, Economics, & Finance.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize effectively.
• Self-directed and a willingness to work independently at times.
• Desire and willingness to learn about the insurance industry.
• A positive attitude that embraces teamwork and learning.
Department Account Management & Service Required Experience:
Less than 1 year of relevant experience Required Travel:
No Travel Required Required Education: Some college (no degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here at HTTP://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
EEOAA Policy E-Verify Program We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 [email protected].
This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.