Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship
Empowering Scholars Worldwide
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Overview
International students can apply for the fully financed master’s scholarship under the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship. The JJ/WBGSP scholarship will pay the whole cost of school, housing, economy-class airfare, and a monthly living allowance.
WBGSP is accessible to women and men from developing countries who are applying to a master’s programme in a field related to development and who have relevant professional experience and a track record of supporting their countries’ development efforts.
JJWBGSP offers scholarships for 26 Participating Programmes at institutions in the United States, Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan in crucial development fields such infrastructure management, economic policy management, and tax policy.
If you are not accepted into one of these programmes, you are not eligible for a JJWBGSP Scholarship. After graduating, students from developing nations are determined to return home to employ their newly acquired skills and contribute to the cultural and economic advancement of their countries.
- Degree Level: Master’s
- Institution: Newcastle University
- Study Locations: U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Explore Available Master’s Opportunities here
- Program Duration: 2 Years
- Application Deadlines:
- Window #1: January 16 to February 28 (noon Washington time)
- Window #2: March 27 to May 26 (noon Washington time)
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Coverage
Embark on a transformative journey with the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) and enjoy the following benefits:
- Economy Class Air Travel: Fly between your home country and the host university at the beginning and end of your study program. You’ll also receive a generous US $500 travel allowance for each trip.
- Tuition and Medical Insurance: Your graduate program’s tuition fees are covered, along with basic medical insurance provided through the university.
- Monthly Subsistence Allowance: While on campus during your scholarship period, receive a monthly allowance to cover living expenses, including accommodation, food, and more. The amount varies depending on the host country.
Please note that all JJ/WBGSP scholarships support the duration of the graduate program or two years, whichever is less.
What the JJ/WBGSP Scholarship Does Not Cover:
While this scholarship offers substantial benefits, there are a few expenses it does not cover, including:
- VISA application costs
- Expenses for scholar’s family members
- Extra-curricular courses or training
- Courses not meeting the minimum credit requirements for the graduate degree
- Language training not provided by the graduate program
- Additional travel during the study program
- Expenses related to research, educational materials, field trips, workshops, seminars, or internships
- Educational equipment such as computers
- Resident permit fees
Eligibility Criteria for Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship
To be eligible for the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJWBGSP), applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Language Requirement: Proficiency in English
- Eligible Countries: Open to applicants from all countries worldwide
- Citizenship: Must not hold dual citizenship of any developed country
- Health: Must be in good health
- Educational Background: Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years before the Application Deadline
- Work Experience: Possess 3 or more years of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree
- Employment: Be employed in a paid full-time position related to development work at the time of submitting the scholarship application. Exceptions apply for applicants from select developing countries.
- University Admission: Be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP preferred university master’s programs located outside of your country of citizenship and residence. The letter of admission must be uploaded before submitting your application.
- World Bank Affiliation: Must not be an Executive Director, their alternate, or any World Bank Group staff member, or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption.
Please note that eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to, and no exceptions are made. Criteria may change between application cycles.
Application Process for Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship
To seize this life-changing opportunity, follow these steps:
- Begin by applying for admission to one or more of the Partner Masters Degree Programs at your chosen university.
- Create an account on the scholarship website.
Don’t miss your chance to advance your education and career with this prestigious scholarship program.
Apply today and unlock a world of possibilities!
For More Scholarships in UK:Scholarships in UK
For Scholarships in Australia:Scholarships in Australia