Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship
A Prestigious Fellowship Opportunity
Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship Overview
Are you passionate about democratic development and eager to conduct research in the United States? The Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship, hosted by the National Endowment for Democracy, is a prestigious opportunity for postdoctoral scholars and professionals from around the world.
For international students, the Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship is a fully supported fellowship. Postdoctoral studies are the only programme eligible for this award. The cost of a short-term, furnished flat rental is included in the fellowship payments, along with the cost of living expenses such as food, local transportation, and other essentials.
This program is a federally funded international exchange program that offers democracy activists, journalists, civil society leaders and scholars from around the world the opportunity to spend five months at the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) in Washington, D.C. to conduct independent research on democracy in a particular country or region.
Here’s all you need to know:
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral / Non-degree
- Institution(s): National Endowment for Democracy
Study Location: USA
- Opportunity Focus Area: Democratic Studies
- Program Period: 5 months
- Application Deadline: October 17
Successful recipients of the Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship can expect the following benefits:
- Fellowship payments to cover a short-term, furnished rental apartment, along with the “cost of living” for food, local transportation, and other essentials.
- A monthly stipend for living expenses.
- Basic health insurance.
- Round-trip travel to and from Washington, D.C. at the beginning and end of the fellowship period.
- A fully equipped office space.
- A limited budget for long-distance phone calls and professional travel within the United States.
Please note that if fellows wish to bring family members, they will be responsible for covering their dependents’ round-trip travel and stay within the United States.
Eligibility Criteria for Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship
To be eligible for this fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Language Proficiency: Demonstrate proficiency in English.
- Eligible Countries: Open to applicants from all countries.
- Project Focus: Propose a project focusing on the political, social, economic, legal, or cultural aspects of democratic development.
- Residence Requirement: Be available to work in residence at the International Forum for Democratic Studies in Washington, D.C. during the 5-month fellowship period (October 1-February 28 or March 1-July 31). No other fellowships or jobs may be held during this time.
Applicants on the Practitioner Track should:
- Have substantial practical experience working to promote democracy or human rights in their country of origin or interest.
- Be mid-career professionals.
Applicants on the Scholarly Track should:
- Possess a doctorate (a Ph.D. or academic equivalent) at the time of application.
- Have a proven record of publications in their field.
- Have developed a detailed research outline for their fellowship project.
Prior to their arrival in the United States, fellows who are neither citizens nor permanent residents of the United States must obtain a J-1 exchange visitor visa. Accompanying family members must obtain a J-2 visa.
Fellows sponsored on a J-1 visa are typically required by U.S. law to return to their home country for two years following the completion of their fellowship before applying for other visas or permanent residence.
How to Apply for Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship
Follow these steps to apply for the Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship:
- Create an account through the online portal.
- Submit the following application materials:
- Applicant information.
- Project proposal for the practitioner or scholarly fellowship track.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Resume/CV and Biography.
Ensure that all application materials are in English.
Don’t miss this opportunity to advance your research and contribute to the study of democracy in the USA. Apply for the Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship today!
To Apply: Reagan Fascell Democracy Fellowship
For More Scholarships in UK:Scholarships in UK
For Scholarships in Australia:Scholarships in Australia