The University of Southern Denmark (SDU) is welcoming students to apply for International Postdoctoral Fellowships in Applied AI and Data Science for the academic year 2022/2023.
Founded in 1998, the University of Southern Denmark is a modern institution offering education and research at the highest level. The university offers several joint programs in cooperation with the University of Flensburg and the University of Kiel. SDU ranked 255 in Best Global Universities. It provides a range of higher education programs, including Bachelor’s, Master’s, and doctoral degree programs. With 29,674 enrolled students (as of 2016), the university is the third-largest, given its roots in Odense University.
Data Science, Applied AI
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled in PhD degree.
- Applicants must be International.
- This follows the research strategy, which functions as the backbone in one of the first centers of its kind dedicated to working on AI across a large variety of clinical areas.
- The candidates will primarily research colorectal diseases, focusing on the early diagnosis of colorectal cancer using wireless capsule endoscopy.
- The second line of research will span over early diagnosis of general gastrointestinal tract disorders, such as Crohn’s disease and Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD).
- To be eligible for the opportunity, candidates must take admission in a PhD degree program at the University of Southern Denmark. After that, they must complete and submit an online application form or Head of Applied AI and Data Science unit (AID), Prof. Esmaeil S. Nadimi, at [email protected]. The attached files must be in Adobe PDF. Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will neither be considered nor evaluated.
- The application must contain (only as a pdf):
- A letter stating the project’s interest, motivation, and qualifications (max. two pages).
- Research plan (max. two pages)
- A complete list of publications
- Certified copy of diplomas and Ph.D. degrees in the relevant fields
- Two most relevant publications on which the applicant wishes to rely on (preferably, the applicant is the first author)
- We encourage the candidates to provide the contact information of a reference academic.
- Applicants invite motivated candidates interested in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and epidemiology to apply. We will look for candidates with a documented track record in conducting relevant technical and epidemiological research in health care. The candidate must hold a Ph.D. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Epidemiology, or related areas. It will enable the successful candidate to contribute to developing a strong AI research environment at SDU and OUH. We believe in fostering a stimulating and inspiring environment, so candidates qualified for the positions will have the possibility of extension as Assistant Professors (following the required process). The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
- Applicants must be fluent in spoken and written English.