Utrecht University is looking for a PhD candidate to join the department of Mathematics by applying for the PhD Position in Mathematical Foundations of Large Evolving Networks offered for the academic year 2022-2023.
Established on 26th March 1636, one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands presently ranked 1st in the Netherlands and 50th in the world, Utrecht University is a public research university. It is among Europe’s leading research universities, recognized internationally for its high-quality, innovative approach to research and teaching.
Utrecht University will offer the selected candidates a full-time position for four years with a gross salary ranging from €2,541 in the first year to €3,247 in the fourth year, an additional 8% holiday bonus, and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus. A pension scheme will also be activated.
International and domestic students are eligible to apply.
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Preferably your degree has an emphasis on (partial) differential equations and probability, in particular analytical or numerical aspects of evolutionary problems, branching processes, or modeling with measures.
- Candidates in the final stage of obtaining this degree will also be considered.
- Having a good knowledge of Mathematica is considered an advantage.
- The applicants must submit an online application form for this PhD position. All eligible candidates will be considered.
- The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- your cover letter includes an explanation of why you consider pursuing a PhD in this area
- your Curriculum Vitae
- a list of all courses taken for your bachelor’s and master’s degrees together with grades and explanations of the grades
- if available, a copy of the Bachelor thesis, Master thesis, or a copy of a written work
- the names and contact details of two academic referees, one of which is preferably your master thesis supervisor
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have an MSc degree in mathematics, applied mathematics, or a related discipline.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 6.5