Thanks to the generosity of the Fereydoun Djam Charitable Trust there are a number of Kamran Djam scholarships available for UK/EU and Overseas fee-paying SOAS students, providing a contribution towards fees of between £3,000 and £13,000 each year for the duration of the award. The MPhil/PhD scholarship is paid for 3 years. The MA is paid for one year (or two years if part-time). The Undergraduate scholarship is paid for one year.
Deadline: 31 May 2013
- SOAS undergraduates entering their final year in 2013/14, studying BA Persian
- SOAS undergraduates entering their final year in 2013/14, studying BA Persian and another subject.
- Full-time or part-time MA Iranian Studies starting in 2013/14
- Full-time MPhil PhD (new admissions only) in the following subject areas: Persian Language, Persian Literature, Iranian History starting in 2013/14
- BA Applicants entering their final year in 2013/14 must expect to be awarded a first class Honours Degree. Applicants who expect an upper second class degree may also apply, but will not be given preference.
- MA Applicants must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Applicants with a non UK masters degree must be in the top rank as evidenced by references and transcripts. Applicants with a 2.1 may also apply but will not be given preference.
- MPhil/PhD applicants must possess or expect to be awarded a masters degree with a mark of Distinction from a UK university. Applicants with a non UK masters degree must be in the top rank as evidenced by references and transcripts. Applicants with a mark of merit may also apply but will not be given preference.
- The scholarship is open to UK/EU and overseas fee-paying full time students.
- For MPhil/PhD & MA applicants only, applicants must have an offer of admission to a Research programme or to the MA Iranian Studies at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
Click here to view details.