Malaysia 2014 Shariah Scholarship Award for International Students
The International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA) invites qualified students with excellent academic achievements and active in co-curricular activities to apply for the Shari’ah Scholarship Award (SA) to pursue their higher education at either local or overseas universities. The Shari’ah Scholarship Award is part of the Fund for Shari’ah Scholars in Islamic Finance, which was established to enhance knowledge, research, talents, and intellectual discourse in the field of Shari’ah in Islamic Finance. The Fund represents Bank Negara Malaysia’s commitment to strengthen the development of the Islamic financial industry.
FIELD OF STUDY
- Postgraduate (Master or Doctorate) and Undergraduate studies at recognized institutions of higher learning in the field of Shari’ah or Islamic finance studies equivalent;
- CIFP, only for those possessing Shari’ah degree or its equivalent, or currently attached to the Shari’ah department/unit of any Islamic finance institutions;
- Applicant shall have appropriate Shari’ah background as indicated above;
- The scholarship is open to citizens of all countries;
- Applicants have to secured admission at a recognised institution of higher learning;
- Applicants are required to pursue either a bachelor, CIFP , master or doctorate programme, as defined above, in a fulltime mode;
- Applicants are required to obtain a CGPA of at least 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or 4.5 (on a 5.0 scale) or 80% (on a 100 point scale);
- Current students enrolled in the programmes specified above may also apply for the scholarship;
- Applicants should not be in receipt of any other scholarship award or financial assistance.
PROCEDURES OF APPLICATION
Please refer to FAQ before submit your application.
An application for a scholarship must be submitted by hand or through registered post or courier service with the following documents, which must be in English:
Application form. Please download here;
- Photocopy of personal identification document (passport/identity card);
- Offer letter from the institution of higher learning;
- Certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts;
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (only for a postgraduate application). Please use provided template.
- Thesis/draft proposal (only for Master & PhD application by research or coursework & research); and
- Other relevant materials to support the application, if any.
There is no employment bond attached to the scholarship.
Application timeline: Applications are invited and accepted throughout the year.
Schedule of the interview session:-
- February 2014
- June 2014
- September 2014
ONLY shortlisted applicants will be notified and called for the interview session.
All duly completed applications are to be forwarded to:
Shari’ah Scholarship Award
International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA),
Lorong Universiti A, 59100 Kuala Lumpur.