Ministry of Education Short Term Research Award Taiwan 2014
To encourage international students (with the exception of students from Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macao SAR) to undertake short term research in the Republic of China (Taiwan); in order to provide them with opportunities to increase their understanding of Taiwanese culture and its society, and to promote mutual understanding and interactions between Taiwan and the international community.
- International students who are studying in an overseas university and pursuing a Ph.D. degree or are Post- Doctoral fellows, are qualified to apply for this Award, but not students who are currently holding R.O.C. passports.
- The Ph. D. students who are enrolled at an overseas public or private university or any higher educational institute recognized by the overseas local government; the so called Post-Doctoral fellow is one who has a doctorate degree from an overseas public or private university or any higher educational institute recognized by the overseas local government and working for his/her research at those universities or educational institutes, or, having worked towards researching a paper, book, or any publishing plan, will be given priority for receiving the Award.
- Please note that the following individuals are not eligible:
- The individuals that are currently, residing, studying (including an internship), teaching or doing research in Taiwan.
- The individuals that have received a STRA Award within the last 5 years.
- The individuals that are currently, receiving financial benefits from a government agency or an educational institute in Taiwan.
- The individuals that are currently exchange students through an agreement between universities in Taiwan and overseas universities during the Award period.
- The short term STRA research period will generally from 2 to 6 months.
- The short term research period will basically begin on March 1st and end on December 31st, in compliance with the current fiscal year.
- A Ph. D. student will receive a monthly research subsidy of 25,000 NTD; and the Post-Doctoral fellow of 40,000NTD.
- Recipients will be reimbursed for a round-trip direct flight economy airfare between their home countries and Taiwan. The maximum airfare subsidy from and to Asia, Europe, the Americas, Africa and Oceania for recipients will be specified by the Ministry of Education and recipients are expected to cover their own extra expenses.
Application Deadline: 30 Sep 2014